måndag 7 juli 2008

I'm so happy!

I'm making baby booties for a dear friend of mine who's baby is due in September. And since I was watching tv with one eye... I made a mistake and closed a ring way to soon. But this time I had not pulled it closed too tight so for the first time ever I managed to open my ring!!! I usually grow so frustrated that I pull out my scissors and cut the mistake out of my project



Not this time, I made it work! Can't help but feeling so proud of myself! I'm also very indebted to Pamela at "tat a kool challenge" for her photos of her progress of her booties! It made it soo much easier to see how it is done!



I thought it would be a much bigger challenge! I may have to regret writing that but I don't mind. I promise to post a photo soon.

7 kommentarer:

Stephanie sa...

Good for you! I had the same problem for the longest time. Now that I can open a ring, I don't worry so much about making a mistake. Be sure to post a picture of the booties when you are done!

Tattycat sa...

Congratulations on pulling out the ring. That makes me so happy when that happens! One trick I learned, but can't remember from whom..... Go to a picot and insert a strong needle or crochet hook under the core thread and pull gently. Sometimes this will help to loosen up the thread so you can move the ds around and get the ring loose. Hope this makes sense and will help.

Katherine sa...

Yes, it was Pamela's site that made me dare to try 3D tatting and make my booties, too.
Yes it is such a buzz to untat, I would either go with the mistake or abandon the whole project...but now I at least try to go back. (I don't always notice for a while, then I don't bother)

Tatskool sa...

I am so glad that my photos are helping you with the bootees. You will be so proud of them when you have finished them.

I open a closed ring using a crochet hook just like Laura and I have opened so many recently that it is no problem at all.

OmonSan sa...

Thank you Ladies for your comments, they mean a lot to me. And yes I did the same as you tattycat because I was so frustrated and did not want to start over again. I took a needel and tugged and pulled and 'voila' the ring could be loosened! But in all honesty it is easier if you don't make any misstakes.... Hm I never managed that

Unknown sa...

It is a wonderful feeling of satisfaction to be able to open a closed ring! I don't blame you for being so excited about such a wonderful new skill! It sure comes in handy when tatting with Hand Dyed Threads. They're a bit pricier than regular thread so it's nice to not have to waste thread when I make a mistake with them.

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter sa...

You've reach a new level in tatting...how wonderful.
These booties will be so precious when they are finished.