fredag 11 april 2008

At last!


I got it done! It is not a difficult pattern but with all the drilling that has gone on it became difficult. Still it was a lot of fun making it. My sweat hubby was kind enough and took the picture. Thank you!

The pattern comes from a old book - first printed in 1967 - in Swedish by the authors Gun Blomqvist and Elwy Persson. I believe it is translated to English. They have several very nice patterns in this book called 'Frivoliteter' i e Tatting in Swedish. I think it is realy neat and if you don't know any brides I'm sure small girls would love to wear one and pretend to be a princess!

5 kommentarer:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane sa...

Beautiful! I have two granddaughters who would probably love to have their own crowns!

Jane Eborall sa...

Oooooh, that's SO pretty. I've got that book (bought it when it first came out) but I've never made that pattern.
JaneEb

Unknown sa...

OHHH!!! SO beautiful! I have that book and love the crowns. What a beautiful job you did. Thank you so much for posting that. WOW!

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter sa...

This is soo great! How did you stiffen it?

Carol Schockling Lawecki sa...

Absolutely Beautiful!!!! Your tatting is so perfect!! Thank you for sharing the picture.

I have not been to your site before, I just found it.I've enjoyed looking at all your beautiful tatting.